Sunday, July 30, 2006

Follow-up on "bad" gamers.

Here's a post from Levi Kornelsen's LJ. Levi's about the only theoretical person that I've encountered who I feel has anything worthwhile to contribute to the conversation.

He has some interesting things to say in this post. Makes me wonder where he's going with things.

Follow-up on "bad" gamers.
Okay, following up on 'The 'bad' gamers', a couple of posts back, I've got my own opinion. For those pointing to 'catpissmen', I left those out on purpose. Don't worry, we'll get to them later.

It's my opinion, based on my own experience, that people stick around in gaming and as gamers for a number of reasons that are not actually tied to playing RPGs. Some of these are neither good nor bad for the hobby - people that collect and read RPGs, people that just like tinkering with stuff, people with kids that just don't have time, and so on. I have no problem with these people; they've got a hobby that's strapped to mine at the hip. I also believe that we do have a few outright cranks; not so many as people like to say we do, but some.