Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The ENnie Awards -- Voting For Judges

The ENnie Awards are an annual set of RPG awards given out each year at GenCon. While they started as a predominantly d20-centric set of awards they have really branched out into being a lot more representative of gaming as a whole.

Someone that I know from dealing with on forums, his blog and through email is running for one of the judge positions for next year's awards. That would be Zachary Houghton. You might know him as Zachary The First on places like RPGnet, or as the person who runs the RPGBlog, regardless I think that he would make a very good judge for the Ennies and I think that anyone who is interested in gaming who reads my blog should give him their consideration when voting for the ENnie judges.

While I think the process of consideration that is outside of the hands of the judges has been subverted by a segment of the gaming "biz," I still think that the ENnies can be turned around and I think that the best way to turn that around starts with having top caliber judges. So, while I want you to vote without any outside influences, I do personally think that Zachary is a good guy who wants to do right by the process.